lunes, 9 de septiembre de 2013

Noah’s Ark





Noah’s Ark

One million:
The number of the homeless dogs in the Dominican Republic.

Ten:
The organizations welling to help them.

Noah’s Ark is the name of my dream ‘company’,  though it would be a non-profit organization, I don’t see myself owning any sort of money-making, time-consuming, people’s blood sucking industrial machine.

You see, I was born with these things called eyes and a conscience, and they decided to intertwined and conspired to wake me up by age thirteen.
Wake me up to the injustice and pain these creatures have to endure every single day a person decides to reject them, to throw them out of what they once knew was home, every time they get too old or too sick.

My company would not only focus on taking them out of the streets but also making out of them special tools. In developed countries these animals are actually use to rehabilitate troubled teenagers, criminals and as therapeutic friends for orphans and elder citizens. This project will also involve educational programs imparted in public and private schools, on how to treat animals, take care of them and how to react when they get sick; in addition, the ones who get to be picked up for something besides adoption by regular citizens, will be castrated in order to avoid massive reproduction that could end in a vicious circle of more homeless animals.

This is my dream company, one that, unfortunately, more than once I’ve tried to build just to see myself being stopped by various circumstances like money and the unsurprising lack of support of our local authorities.
,

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario