lunes, 19 de julio de 2010

One of my favorite movies

jueves 8 de julio de 2010
One of my favorite movies
The bad seed
It’s a horror movie, with no supernatural elements, if you don’t count the genetic predisposition mental illnes of the girl Rhoda, the sweetest little girl in the world , actind as a sociopath.

This film is one of my favorite primarily because it is SCARY. Yet, it doesn't depend on the ho-hum close-the-medicine-cabinet-and-HE'S-RIGHT-BEHIND-YOU techniques. The very idea of nature vs. nurture and how it figures in to mental illness was innovative for its time.
The heroine is Rhoda the picture perfect vision of what a child should be – loving, sweet, academically talented, dutiful, beautiful and tidy. Rhoda is as close to the ideal child as you will ever find. She makes Shirley Temple look like Lindsay Lohan on a coke bender.
If you want more details about the movie, just let me know it. Recently I made a shortstory analysis to it as i learned in my angloparlante classes. Anyway i will upload part of the movie and hope you like it, too.It is in black and white because was made in 1956. You know even the people of that era he!he!he! are like that...NO i'm just kidding.....


Mel..

2 comentarios:

  1. I NEVER HAVE SEEN THIS MOVIE BUT I THINK IS FUNNY. I HAVE SEEN JASON FREDDY AND OTHER MOVIES IN MY LIF I LIKE THEM.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It sound like a good movie, I'll see it and tell you later.

    ResponderEliminar