miércoles, 29 de octubre de 2014

                                               unite 2 - Urban Legends

In my opinion, this is a very interesting lesson. It reminds me the time when  I was a child and I used to visit my grandparents house. They used to tell me all kind of  stories and legends. One of my favorite is similar to the one about "The Vanishing Hitchhiker" that is mentioned in this unit, but instead of a girl, in the story that my grandfather told me, there is a nun who suddenly appear on the road and start talking with the persons and then, when they are in one of the most secluded parts of the road she disappear and just the sound of dogs barking insistently is heard. According to my grandpa, this nun was a woman who lived in the neighborhood specifically  in the area where she disappear.

I really like this story or legend. Even though now a days I think it is faked. There are many old people in my neighborhood who assure they have seen this nun and have talked to her.They say " She died but her spirit is still alive and present in the same road that she used to take everyday in her way to church".

True or false, urban legends are interesting. ones are funny others are gruesome, but each of them have either a moral or a lesson to teach us.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario