viernes, 3 de julio de 2009

Teacher's Day

Last June 30, as every year, was celebrated the Teacher's day. At UASD, the authorities honored some teachers -one from each faculty with the award "The Teacher of the year". After that ceremony, the artistic part began which consisted on the presentation of Anthony Ríos and Carlos Sánchez, a very good comedian. It is interesting to say that the artistic part, as it was expected, began with Carlos Sánchez; his show lasted around 30 minutes. After he finished, the presenter asked us -the audience- to wait a few minutes for Anthony. Around 15 to 20 minutes later, the presenter said that the contract between La UASD and Anthony was going to be canceled because they had called him, and he said he was getting there, but time was passing and he didn't arrive. It was around 10:30. Some people started to leave. I also was leaving, but when I was outside, I saw Anthony arriving; so, I decided to go back inside. When I got there, Anthony had already started. He sang two or three songs and then he made a pause to say hello and explain that his delay was because one of his sons was graduating that day in Bonao. And he also said: " I never miss an engagement like that because as I have many children, and I don't have much time to be with them, I try to give them quality of time".

After he said that, I didn't mind about his delay, and I suppose that most of the people who were there did the same. All of us enjoyed his songs once more.

Eventhough he said he is not a professional because he didn't study at the university, that he is not a singer but he knows how to sing, and that he just has an announcer ID, I consider him as a well-prepared person because of the vocabulary he used in his speech.

2 comentarios:

  1. Even though Antony Rios is a good singer and I like his songs, I think that teachers could have something better.

    ResponderEliminar