viernes, 12 de septiembre de 2014

Urban Legends By RNGG

This is a topic that I really liked, it was great, interesting and very exciting. I hope all my class mates feel the same way I do because i have heard and read a lot of them. Urban Legends are part of us and they are a great entertainment, they may be fake stories but everybody is lured by them no matter whether they are unbelievably scary or not.

I remember when I was a child I used to watch a TV program called Are you afraid of the dark? It was about a group of teenagers that used to get  together to tell Urban stories that occurred to them or someone they knew. They had a club named midnight society. That was awesome, it was really interesting and I really loved it. 


The Urban Legends in the Dominican Republic as well as in any other country are very popular, Many Dominican people have heard at least one of these stories in their lives. these are the most common stories: Ciguapa, baca, chupacabra, The cuco ect. I will tell you a brief one. I hope you enjoy it. 

     
The Jupia


  

The Jupia was a beautiful woman  with long hair, quiet with a lethargic and feline step. she was a spirit or ghost of the air that used to hide and eat guavas during the day, she also used to visit riding in a dark horse  appearing after dark in the form of a human. This spirit resemble a human in all ways with one eception she does not have a navel because she was not born of a human. Many men have fallen for this spirit woman and have made love with her unknowingly, when they were reaching the climax they used to find that their arms and love nest were empty. Jupia or Hupia is an indian name that means dead men come to life. 

Today this indigenous legend is still said to be seen by Dominican farmers and people who lives out way from the civilization. Beware of this beautiful lady guys you can also fall in love as easy as the other guys have done. 





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario