sábado, 12 de junio de 2010

"How I began to enjoy Baseball"

Like any other person, I had my favorite dominican baseball team ("El glorioso"), but I had never paid the due attention to any game. I didn't know the rules or what the real difference between a Home run and a foul ball was, but one night, watching TV, I was changing channels and I stopped in a game of the Atlanta Braves. That was the first team I became a fan. But I was never a real fan of baseball until I knew the New York Yankees; I loved those pinstriped uniforms from the first moment, so, I became a Yankee fan and I began to learn their story.

I think that, more than the emotion that brings the game itself, among the things that make Baseball an enthralling sport are the statistics. "What is the team that has won the biggest number of world series" "Who's the pitcher that has had more perfect games"... Everything in baseball is about a record that you must break and just, make history!! That's the reason why there are so many icons and legends, and names that will never be forgotten, we can see that a lot of teams have moved away lots of numbers of their uniforms, for example, no new player can wear the number 3 in his uniform in the N.Y. Yankees because that was the number of Babe Ruth, and it will always belong to him. Those kind of things make an exciting experience of every game, and this same things make bigger the origin of the controversy about steroids too because it's a dilemma if the diferent baseball association should decide eliminating records belonging to players that have been accused of steroid-taking; unfortunately, that's the case of Barry Bonds, the biggest home run hitter in the history of Major League Baseball.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario