domingo, 14 de junio de 2009

MEETING WITH FOREIGN STUDENTS

Last October 2008, Ms. Barbara, an American professor who teaches Spanish in Atlanta, Georgia came to the Dominican Republic. During that trip, she went to the Languages School to ask for languages students e-mails in order that her students can have communication with them in Spanish. We sent the e-mails, but just come of them got in contact.

A few months later, she sent an e-mail saying that she was here with her students. They stayed one month in Santiago and on June 4th they came to Santo Domingo. Before coming, she asked Lorenna, who was the one who sent Barbara all our mails, to tell us that they were arriving to the hotel at five o´clock and that if we can to meet them there at their arrival.

I was the first one who got there and, immediately, asked about Barbara. She went to meet me at the lobby. Next, the other girls arrived. We were six girls and they were twenty one boys, Barbara and one girl -who works with Barbara- called Mercedes. We started to talk about many things. We asked them many questions to know something about them, for example what do they study, where are they from, etc. to invite them to speak Spanish. I have to say that sometimes we said some sentences or words in English.

Well, I stayed there until six thirty because I had my English class at seven. After I left, they stayed for a while there at the hotel. Then, they went to walk to El Conde Street (their hotel is on El Conde Street). When I finished my class, -at nine o´clock-, I went back with them. By that time, they were at the Colonial Zone.

We had a wonderful time mainly because we could share with people who English is their native language and because we could help them a little with their Spanish. Even though I could not share much time with them, I liked the experience, and I think they liked it, too. Ms. Barbara told me they were going to come back later, and some of them said they were going to keep in touch.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario