miércoles, 10 de junio de 2009

MUSIC

There are many kinds of music. There is popular music as merengue, bachata, and salsa; but there are many other kinds of music. For example, there is balada, bolero, pop, jazz, bossanova, calypso, rock, and so forth.

I prefer to listen to balada, bolero, and pop, but it does not mean that I do not like other rhythms. I think people like a kind of music when it makes them happy or comfortable, or which they enjoy with. But there is something important about this topic, music is just the rhythm, but if a person takes that rhythm and gathers it to beautiful lyrics, the result is a premium quality product. That is what happens with urban merengue and other rhythms. This, one does not have beautiful lyrics, it does not say anything. Each song in that rhythm just has two or three sentences in the whole song, I mean in around 3 or 4 minutes. That is not much time, but 4 minutes repeating the same sentence becomes a person crazy, and humdrum; basically if he or she does not like it. I suppose, as one of my classmates said, that people like this music just for dancing. If I need to choose something to dance, I decide by classical merengue.

2 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with you. If I have to dance, I choose a Classic merengue because It is soft and you can enjoy the way that you and your couple are dancing, so I like that one._

    ResponderEliminar