sábado, 13 de junio de 2009

Stupid cars, broken highways



Everybody knows that I have a Toyota 1989, the other day I was thinking about it as a "rolling freak". Some people say I am very tough and agressive when I refer to my car, and I might consider it is true. I sometimes talk to my car (of course when we are alone) and I ask him: are you stupid, or what? The question, of course, comes after being left in the middle of the sun, let´s say, at noon, when "El Solazo", couldn´t hit any harder. Anyway, when you compare my¨"oldie" (soon he´ll be 20 yrs old)with other cars in the public transportation system, you can say that those are really stupid, for example, I remember once I was running around in one, and when the driver tried to turn on the lights, the trunk opened. He tried to use the wipers and one of the doors opened. To deal with this "machine" they have different gadgets such as varillas which are very good for lifting the crystal in the windows when it's raining; they have pestillos to lock the doors (yeah the same ones that you use for the doors in your house); if the windows don't work properly because they cannot roll them up, they use un carton instead, which it never fails. Don't forget that to open the doors you need to take out your hands and do it from the outside, and also that if the driver wants to turn, he will do it by taking out his arm and indicating in which direction the car will move. Under these conditions it will be very difficult for smart cars to enter the dominican market, considering the fact that stupid cars have been around for quite a long time, and they will not accept being discarded just like that. We should be ready to see Hubieres, Figuereo and others claiming respect for these cars. Maybe after all we should not consider these vehicles stupid, but magic ones, yes I said magic, because to keep them running around for so many years you need something beyond magic. Take care, Atilano.

4 comentarios:

  1. Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaajajajajajajajajaja that is what i did when i read that post and i have to say that this country is unique because you don´t see cars like these in other part of the world "just here". And i think it is good to have a car like yours teacher because you´ll never forget it. I think your car is smart because it seems that when he stops it is because he wants to talk to you and you do, very good. We must have a good relationship with everythig around us because we don´t know when and how that thing or person can take us out of a problem, remember the song "Like you´ll never see me again" by Alicia Keys. Eventhough your story is funny i think you shouldn´t compare your car with one of the public transportation at list your car goes to the university.

    *Emmanuel*

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I have told you many times not to be so rude with your car. Think that when you don't have it, you have to use public transportation and then, you realize that your car helps you a lot, eventhough it is an old one. Your car can do what "he" wants. "He" is an adult. Ja,ja,ja.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. TEACHER YOUR CAR IS A GOOD BUDDY LOOK AFTER IT.
    IHAVE A LOT OF BAD EXPERENCES IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION ´S CARS:
    1-I TOOK A CAR AND MY CELL WAS ROBBED.
    2-TRHEE CORPULENT PEOPLE AND I IN A CAR WHEN I WENT OUT I WAS VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO BREATHE AGAIN.
    3-I SAT IN A CAR ,IT HAD A BIG HOLE IN THE FEET PLACE.
    4-BEGAN TO RAIN CAR DIDN,T HAS GLASS IN MY PLACE.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Transportation in Dominican Republic Carina what is that? we have a box of iron and wheels that take us to places, but not transportation because it has to be confortable and clean and the called transportation that you mention doesn´t have any of these.

    ResponderEliminar